First Baptist Church of Sweetwater - Sweetwater, Nolan County, Texas
Address: Corner of 3rd & Elm St.
Directions: Corner of 3rd & Elm Streets, Sweetwater
Marker #: 5353001679
Year Dedicated: 1982
Size, type: 18" x 28"
Last reported condition: No report
First Baptist Church of Sweetwater - Organized on December 11, 1881, by the Reverend Peter Turner (1812-1892), a native of England, this church served settlers of the pioneer railroad town of Sweetwater. The congregation's first church building, a frame structure with an ornate steeple, was completed in 1882 on the corner of 4th & Elm Streets. Several other denominations shared the building for a time. Church members have organized four Baptist missions in Sweetwater beginning with the Lamar Street mission in 1912. To accommodate the increasing membership, new sanctuaries were built in 1924 and 1960. (1982)
Decimal degrees:  N 32.471424   W -100.407225
Degrees, minutes: N 32 28.285   W 0100 24.433
UTM: Zone 14, Easting 367759, Northing 3593563
Maps:
Google
Mapquest
Terraserver (Aerial Photos)
Texas Highway Department
TopoZone
Yahoo
Nearby:
Geocaches
Geodashing Dash Points
Navicaches
Terracaches


Historical Markers
Cemeteries
Parks
Download GPX File what's a gpx file?
Found this marker? File a report!
sample marker image
Sample Marker Image

First Baptist Church of Sweetwater map
<< BackBookmark PagePrint